Friday, December 7, 2012

Running Late

Running Late

“You also must be prepared, for at an hour you do not expect, the Son of Man will come.” ~ Luke 12: 40

    Tonight I was cutting it close and being late to the mass for the Immaculate Conception. I got there and walked in just as the priest was walking down to the alter. I was so glad that I was not late to mass. As I stood there I thought about how blessed I am that I was not late to turn back to God and the church. With all the hype that some say that this is the year the world ends (side note: I do not believe this for a minute) I am  glad where I am. 

     I did not return to God and the church because of this by any means but it added to my thoughts on being late. What if I did not and the world did end? Would I stand before God and Jesus and say “ I was just about to come back, if you only extended this another year or two.” What would They say in return? It is that list of  cliches that rolled through my head : Should’ve Would’ve Could’ve, Hindsight is 20/20, If only I would have known I would have done things differently...etc... WIth all of them dealing with what was  and not what is, the last cliche that came to me was “ There is no time like the present”. 

     As the Gospel of Luke said “ You also must be prepared, for at an hour you do not expect,the Son of Man will come”. That fits very nicely with “ There is no time like the present”. We do not know when that day may come or when we will leave this earth. Salvation should not be a second thought in this life but that focus to have a continual life. That is the benefit of following and turning to God, Salvation. There will not be a countdown like on New Years Eve that will end this world or our lives. We have to get back on the right track in our lives and keep that focus on God. 

     I do not want this to be a blog of fear but one of a “reality check”. God does not want us to fear what can be but love what is. This is something that you do not want to be late to. 

Until tomorrow, God Bless, and set your clock and soul ahead so you will not be late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment