Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A Special Women

A Special Women

    Today family gathered, daughters, son-in-laws, grandchildren, family & friends to pay tribute and honor to a great women, Shirley Weir Griffiths. I am asking that you keep Mrs. Griffiths in your prayers as well as her family and friends at this time. It is never easy to say goodbye to a loved one, especially when it is your mother. 

    Please say a special prayer on October 8th as we gather once again to lay Mrs. Griffiths to rest. This day will be hard as each person says their final goodbyes, yet as Catholics we know there is more time to be had. Not in this life but in the next and until we meet again with our loved ones we can continue to speak to them each day and them to pray for us and we pray for them. The connection does not end or disappear. Love does not end. 

     As I have posted before and will again, the Irish Funeral Prayer is to me the most fitting and best way to explain what will happen as we leave and say goodbye.

Until tomorrow, God Bless, and may eternal rest grant to her, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon her. Amen

An Irish Funeral Prayer 

Death is nothing at all.
It does not count.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
Everything remains as it was.
The old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by the old familiar name.
Speak of me in the easy way which you always used.
Put no sorrow in your tone.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without  effort
Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was.
There is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner.
All is well. Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.
One brief moment and all will be as it was before.

How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting,  when we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment