Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Waiting on God

Waiting on God


      When I saw this cartoon it made me smile and laugh. Have you ever been in a conversation with someone either on text or instant message and it comes up “typing” or like on the iMessage you see the three dots moving? You are watching it waiting for the message to appear. Then it stops and you are waiting and waiting and waiting then it finally appears. That waiting especially if you are waiting for an answer seems to take forever. Even sometimes it seems like they are answering you and then nothing. You are saying “come on why is it taking so long now. It has stopped with the dots...Where is my message?” This is like waiting for an answer to a prayer or a question you have for God. 
  
      One part that I liked with this is that you know that person is there in the conversation at that time. Either they are answering you, asking you a question or relaying something to you. You see it. That question of “Did God hear me?” or “Is He going to respond?” will not be asked. You would be able to see that something is coming and now you just need to wait. I know this will not happen but in todays age when we are getting, if not already used to, this quick answer or reply we lack that idea of faith with patience. We do need to... well I should say I know I sure need that “faith with patience” more. I am not good at waiting for that answer. 

     God always hears us. We may think that He doesn’t at times because we are not hearing a reply at all. With iMessages we can see that it was delivered and even sometimes read, if the person has that setting. We shouldn’t need that with God. He does hear each and everything we say to Him. When you text someone off your network all you get is that it was sent. Thats all. You don’t know they got the message or if they even read it, until they respond directly to you. God is not off our network, He is the network. We do not have to say to Him as in the Verizon commercial “ Can you hear me now?”, He does hear us. It is God who says to us “ Can you hear Me now?” .  We are the ones that do not respond, read or get impatient. 

      This cartoons shows to us that we all must wait for God’s word to come to us like Moses. God speaks to us the same as He spoke to everyone in the bible from day one till now. We may have many ways to reach each other 24/7 and ways to make sure the message was received and read but God has that same connections as before. Open your heart, soul and mind and make that connection and wait for the reply. 

Until tomorrow, God Bless, and God said “Can you hear Me now”? 

       Thursday of the Third Week of Lent
Lectionary: 240

Reading 1
JER 7:23-28
Thus says the LORD: 
This is what I commanded my people:
Listen to my voice;
then I will be your God and you shall be my people.
Walk in all the ways that I command you,
so that you may prosper.

But they obeyed not, nor did they pay heed.
They walked in the hardness of their evil hearts
and turned their backs, not their faces, to me.
From the day that your fathers left the land of Egypt even to this day,
I have sent you untiringly all my servants the prophets.
Yet they have not obeyed me nor paid heed;
they have stiffened their necks and done worse than their fathers.
When you speak all these words to them,
they will not listen to you either;
when you call to them, they will not answer you.
Say to them:
This is the nation that does not listen
to the voice of the LORD, its God,
or take correction.
Faithfulness has disappeared;
the word itself is banished from their speech.
Responsorial Psalm
PS 95:1-2, 6-7, 8-9
R. (8) If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Come, let us sing joyfully to the LORD;
let us acclaim the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving;
let us joyfully sing psalms to him.
R. If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Come, let us bow down in worship;
let us kneel before the LORD who made us.
For he is our God,
and we are the people he shepherds, the flock he guides.
R. If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Oh, that today you would hear his voice:
“Harden not your hearts as at Meribah,
as in the day of Massah in the desert,
Where your fathers tempted me;
they tested me though they had seen my works.”
R. If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Verse Before The Gospel
JL 2:12-13
Even now, says the LORD,
return to me with your whole heart,
for I am gracious and merciful.
Gospel
LK 11:14-23
Jesus was driving out a demon that was mute,
and when the demon had gone out,
the mute man spoke and the crowds were amazed.
Some of them said, “By the power of Beelzebul, the prince of demons,
he drives out demons.”
Others, to test him, asked him for a sign from heaven.
But he knew their thoughts and said to them,
“Every kingdom divided against itself will be laid waste
and house will fall against house.
And if Satan is divided against himself, 
how will his kingdom stand?
For you say that it is by Beelzebul that I drive out demons.
If I, then, drive out demons by Beelzebul,
by whom do your own people drive them out?
Therefore they will be your judges.
But if it is by the finger of God that I drive out demons,
then the Kingdom of God has come upon you.
When a strong man fully armed guards his palace,
his possessions are safe.
But when one stronger than he attacks and overcomes him,
he takes away the armor on which he relied
and distributes the spoils.
Whoever is not with me is against me,
and whoever does not gather with me scatters.”

No comments:

Post a Comment