Monday, April 28, 2014

Prayer Request

Prayer Request

  This evening I am asking for prayers for dear friends of mine who lost a Mother and a Mother-in-Law. I am asking that you keep Patricia Morgan in your prayers as well as her family at this time. 

   It is always hard to lose someone you love no matter what the circumstances are that are surrounding the loss. Sometimes a life that was enriched with memories of family and friends comes to a point that people and memories are hard to recall in this life and it becomes ever so apparent that this life is fading away so the new life can start again with those fond memories of a life that was blessed and enriched. For those who are left behind in this life, can hold onto those memories and know that in Jesus, He makes all things new and the person who you loved is again whole and anew watching over you. 

    I am always reminded when someone passes from this life to the next of the Irish Funeral Prayer. Who that person was to you, they shall forever be. Your Mom is your Mom no matter what side of Life you are on. Death does not change the love she had for you or the love you had for her. Pat was and will always be a Daughter, a Wife, a Mother, a Grandmother, a Great Grandmother, Family and a Friend. 

    I ask that we all keep Patricia Morgan in our prayers and offer up prayers of peace and love for her family.  I also ask that you read the Irish Funeral Prayer and remember all those who have gone before us and know they are just waiting for us on the other side of Heaven.


Until tomorrow, God Bless, and may eternal rest grant to her, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon her. Amen

An Irish Funeral Prayer 

Death is nothing at all.

It does not count.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
Everything remains as it was.
The old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by the old familiar name.
Speak of me in the easy way which you always used.
Put no sorrow in your tone.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without  effort
Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was.
There is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner.
All is well. Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.
One brief moment and all will be as it was before.
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting,  when we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment