Monday, November 3, 2014

Prayers for Vocations

Prayers for Vocations

 Here are some more prayers for Vocations. Again please pray them, not only this week but everyday. Thank You in advance. 

Until tomorrow, God Bless, and may  those people who are called hear the voice of God. 




Prayer #7

Gracious God,
You have called me to life
and gifted me in many ways.
Through Baptism You have sent me
to continue the mission of Jesus
by sharing my love with others.
Strengthen me to respond to
Your call each day.
Help me to become all You desire of me.
Inspire me to make a difference in
others' lives.
Lead me to choose the way of life
You have planned for me.
Open the hearts of all to listen
to Your call.
Fill all with Your Holy Spirit that
we may have listening hearts and
the courage to respond to You.
Enkindle in my heart
and the hearts of others the desire
to make the world a better place
by serving as
Lay Minister, Sister, Priest,
Brother or Deacon.
Amen.

Prayer #8

Father, we're your people, the work of your hands.
So precious are we in your sight that you sent your Son, Jesus.
Jesus calls us to heal the broken-hearted,
to dry the tears of those who mourn, to give hope to those who despair,
and to rejoice in your steadfast love.
We, the baptized, realize our call to serve.
Help us to know how.
Call forth from among us priests, sisters, brothers and lay ministers.
With our hearts you continue to love your people.
We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God forever and ever.

Prayer #9

Loving God,
your Son, Jesus, has shown us that an open heart finds the way.
Help me to find my way in this world.
Keep my heart open to following Jesus' way of serving
others in love.

Give me the courage to accept the guidance you offer me
through my family, my friends, and my parish community.

Through the Holy Spirit, you call me to a particular way of
life.

If it is the way of a priest, sister, brother or deacon, then
help me to walk it in joyful service to your people.

With you, my God, I know I can find my way.
Amen.

Prayer #10

O God, Who wish all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of Your truth:
send, we beg You, laborers into Your harvest,
and grant them grace to speak Your word with all boldness; 
so that Your word may spread and be glorified,
and all nations may know You, the only God,
and Him Whom You have sent,
Jesus Christ Your Son, Our Lord,
Who lives and reigns world without end. Amen.

Prayer #11

Loving God,
Is it I, Lord?
Are you calling me to a vocation
of ministry in the Church as
Priest, Sister, Brother or Deacon?
Or if I am already living out a life's
vocation, are you asking me to help
call others to the ministry of
leadership in the Church?
We do need men and women to help
lead us as Church, Lord. We are your
people of the valley, prairie and pines,
the Diocese of ______________
Speak to us Lord.
Open the minds and hearts of many
men and women to live your Word
and build your Kingdom.
Speak to me Lord.
Plant your Word within me so that
whatever you call me to be or do
I may say Yes, Here I Am Lord.

Lord here I am!

What would you like me to
do with my life?

(Pause to listen to God for a moment)

Teach me to do your
will, Lord.

And let your Holy Spirit
guide me!

Prayer #11

O Father, you desire all of us to be happy.
Stir up the grace of a religious vocation in the hearts
of many men and women.
Grant to them the willingness and generosity
to give of themselves,their lives, their time and their
talents to the service of Jesus Christ, Your Son, Our Lord and
Savior, and to His Holy Church.

May more men and women go forth as priests, deacons,
brothers and sisters to bring the truths of our Catholic faith
to all others so that soon they, too, may know You better
and love You more...
and serving You, be truly happy. Amen.

Prayer #12

Father you call each one
of us by name and ask us
to follow you.

Bless your church by
raising up dedicated and
generous leaders from our
families and friends who
will serve your people as Sisters, Priests,
Brothers, Deacons, and Lay Ministers.

Inspire us as we grow to
know you, and open our hearts
to hear your call.

We ask this in
Jesus name
Amen.

Memorial of Saint Charles Borromeo, Bishop
Lectionary: 486
Reading 1
PHIL 2:5-11
Brothers and sisters:
Have among yourselves the same attitude 
that is also yours in Christ Jesus,

Who, though he was in the form of God,
did not regard equality with God
something to be grasped.
Rather, he emptied himself,
taking the form of a slave,
coming in human likeness;
and, found human in appearance,
he humbled himself,
becoming obedient to death,
even death on a cross.
Because of this, God greatly exalted him
and bestowed on him the name
that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus
every knee should bend,
of those in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue confess that
Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
Responsorial Psalm
PS 22:26B-27, 28-30AB, 30E, 31-32

R. (26a) I will praise you, Lord, in the assembly of your people.
I will fulfill my vows before those who fear him.
The lowly shall eat their fill; 
they who seek the LORD shall praise him:
“May your hearts be ever merry!”
R. I will praise you, Lord, in the assembly of your people.
All the ends of the earth
shall remember and turn to the LORD;
All the families of the nations
shall bow down before him.
R. I will praise you, Lord, in the assembly of your people. 
For dominion is the LORD’s,
and he rules the nations.
To him alone shall bow down
all who sleep in the earth.
R. I will praise you, Lord, in the assembly of your people.
To him my soul shall live;
my descendants shall serve him.
Let the coming generation be told of the LORD
that they may proclaim to a people yet to be born
the justice he has shown.
R. I will praise you, Lord, in the assembly of your people.
Gospel
LK 14:15-24

One of those at table with Jesus said to him,
“Blessed is the one who will dine in the Kingdom of God.”
He replied to him,
“A man gave a great dinner to which he invited many.
When the time for the dinner came,
he dispatched his servant to say to those invited,
‘Come, everything is now ready.’
But one by one, they all began to excuse themselves.
The first said to him,
‘I have purchased a field and must go to examine it;
I ask you, consider me excused.’
And another said, ‘I have purchased five yoke of oxen
and am on my way to evaluate them;
I ask you, consider me excused.’
And another said, ‘I have just married a woman,
and therefore I cannot come.’
The servant went and reported this to his master.
Then the master of the house in a rage commanded his servant,
‘Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town
and bring in here the poor and the crippled, the blind and the lame.’
The servant reported, ‘Sir, your orders have been carried out
and still there is room.’
The master then ordered the servant,
‘Go out to the highways and hedgerows
and make people come in that my home may be filled.
For, I tell you, none of those men who were invited will taste my dinner.’”


No comments:

Post a Comment