Thursday, November 6, 2014

Vocation Prayers III

Vocation Prayers III

  I had originally planned on discussing the ups and downs of Discernment in the blog but I will be doing that on Friday Blog instead. Today I wanted to post the last of the Prayers from the U.S.C.C.B. I want to Thank You all for saying the prayers and keeping vocations in your prayers each day. I know there is a lot of things to pray for and about and for myself this has been a long standing prayer in my life. It is so important to pray for all vocations and to ask those questions in our lives on what is God's Will for us. 

Until tomorrow, God Bless, and may our prayers be heard for vocations and may others ears and hearts be open to God's Will. 

Prayer #31

Lord, through Baptism, you invite me to share
the gift of my life in service to others.
Be with me as I choose each day
to show your presence in our world.
Give me the courage and generosity
to respond to your love, to your call. 
I pray especially for those who serve you
as priests, brothers, sisters and deacons.
Keep them close to you.
Open the minds and hearts of many other
men and women to be witnesses to your gospel.

Prayer #32

Lord Jesus, Son of the Eternal Father and Mary Immaculate,
give to our young people the generosity necessary
to follow Your call and the courage required
to overcome all obstacles to their vocation.
Give to parents that faith, love and spirit of sacrifice
which will inspire them to offer their children
to God's service and to rejoice whenever
one of their children is called to the priesthood or religious life.
May Your example and that of Your Blessed Mother
and Saint Joseph encourage both young people
and parents and let Your grace sustain them. Amen.

Prayer #33

God, our Father,
in Baptism You called us by name
making us members of Your people,
the Church.
We praise You for Your goodness,
We thank You for Your gifts.
We ask You to strengthen us
to live in love and service to others
after the example of Your Son, Jesus.

Father, look upon Your Church with love
and bless Your people
with generous single men and women,
with loving husbands and wives,
with understanding parents,
with trusting children
with dedicated priests, sisters,
deacons and brothers.

Help us to see our vocations
as a journey toward You.

You have called us,
not to set us apart,
but to bring us together
with others who need our love.

Make us faithful signs of Your
presence in their midst.

We ask You through Christ, our Lord.
Amen.

Prayer #34

O God, our Father, you have called us
in Baptism to follow your Son
through lives of loving service to you
and to one another.
Grant us your assistance as we seek to live
out our vocation in life.
We pray especially for those who have
answered your call as priests,
brothers, sisters, deacons and lay
ministers.
Keep them faithful in following your
Son and dedicated in serving
their brothers and sisters.
Grant that many more men and
women will be open to the
challenge of dedicating their lives
in the ministry of building your
Kingdom.
We ask this through Christ, our Lord.
Amen.

Prayer #35

God, our Creator,
Life is Your gift to me.
Through Baptism, You invite me to share the gift
of my life in service to others.
I ask LORD, "Who will be Your Priest, Deacon,
Brother, Sister, Missionary, Lay Minister? Is it I?"
Give me the courage and generosity to respond
to Your love, to Your call.
Give those you have called to the married and the
single state the graces their lives require. I
pray especially for those who serve You as
Religious. Keep them close to You.
This we pray through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer #36

Heavenly Father,
You so loved the world
that You sent Your only Son, Jesus,
to bring eternal life
to those who believe in Him.
I join Him in His prayer
for laborers in Your harvest.
May Your Holy Spirit
inspire and strengthen
generous men and women
to continue His mission in the World.
May this same Spirit
make known to me Your will
in my regard.
Where You lead, I will follow.
Let it be done to me
according to Your word.
I make this prayer
through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

Prayer #37

O God, in the past you called men and women
to dedicate their lives to you
through priesthood and religious life.
Today stir up the grace of a religious vocation
in the hearts of many within our parish community.
Grant them the willingness and generosity
to place their lives completely in your hands
as priests, brothers and sisters.
Help me to support them by my own fidelity
to your call to holiness through prayer & Christian service.
If you desire that one of my family or friends
follow you in this way,
grant me the wisdom and insight
to support and encourage that person
to listen to your voice and follow you without delay.

Prayer #38

Loving God,
You speak to us and nourish us
through the life of this Church
community.

In the name of Jesus, we ask you to
send your Spirit to us so that men and
women among us, young and old, will
respond to your call to service and
leadership in the Church. We pray
especially, in our day, for those who
hear your invitation to be a priest,
sister, or brother.

May those who are opening their
hearts and minds to your call be
encouraged and strengthened
through our enthusiasm in your service.
Amen.

Prayer #39

Lord,
I know you love me
and have great plans for me.

But sometimes I am overwhelmed
by the thought of my future.

Show me how to walk forward
one day at a time.

May I take heart while I search openly
for what it is you want me
to do with my life.

Inspire in me wisdom and understanding
to see your vision for my life
and respond with openness to
whatever you call me to be.
Show me your way Lord!

Prayer #40

Gracious God,
You are the gentle presence,
the peaceful light,
that fills our whole world.
We believe that you care
for all your creatures
with wisdom and love.

Take care of us, your Church, this day.

Give to us all grace and courage
to live out our baptism
as faithful disciples
of your son, Jesus Christ.

Give us good pastors who
will call us to love and forgiveness
and lead us in worship
in the community of the Spirit.

Bring forth from among us other ministers
whose many-splendored gifts
will strengthen our community.

Raise up people in religious life
who by their unusual witness to the Gospel
will call us to the love of God and neighbor.

You have enfolded the smallness of our
humanity in your divinity.
Fill us all with your Holy Spirit.
Amen.

Prayer #41

Jesus, high priest and Redeemer
forever, we beg you to call young
men and women to your service,
as priests and religious. May they
be inspired by the lives of dedicated
priests, brothers and sisters.
Give to parents the grace
of generosity and trust toward you
and their child so that their sons
and daughters may be helped to
choose their vocation in life with
wisdom and freedom.
O God, you have called us to salvation and have sent your Son to establish the Church for this purpose, and you have provided the sacred ministers. The harvest is ever ready but the laborers are scarce. Inspire our youth to follow Jesus by serving Your People. Amen

Parents Prayer for Vocations #2

Gracious and loving God
you have blessed us with the privilege of becoming Parents.
We ask that you provide us with all that we need
in accepting this awesome responsibility.

We pray that we will be open to your spirit
who is our source of strength
as we witness to our children
your love for each of them and your desire for them
to be happy and to live a full life.

We ask your help
so we may guide and encourage our children
to believe that they each have a special calling
and to use their gifts and talents for others.

We pray, Heavenly Father,
that our children will discover
and respond enthusiastically to your desire for them
whether it be to the vocation of single, married,
ordained or consecrated life.

We offer this prayer in the name of Jesus
through the grace of the Holy Spirit.

Amen.

Friday of the Thirty-first Week in Ordinary Time
Lectionary: 489
Reading 1
PHIL 3:17-4:1
Join with others in being imitators of me, brothers and sisters, 
and observe those who thus conduct themselves 
according to the model you have in us.
For many, as I have often told you 
and now tell you even in tears, 
conduct themselves as enemies of the cross of Christ.
Their end is destruction.
Their God is their stomach; 
their glory is in their “shame.”
Their minds are occupied with earthly things.
But our citizenship is in heaven, 
and from it we also await a savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
He will change our lowly body
to conform with his glorified Body 
by the power that enables him also 
to bring all things into subjection to himself.

Therefore, my brothers and sisters,
whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, 
in this way stand firm in the Lord, beloved. 
Responsorial Psalm
PS 122:1-2, 3-4AB, 4CD-5

R. (1) Let us go rejoicing to the house of the Lord.
I rejoiced because they said to me,
“We will go up to the house of the LORD.”
And now we have set foot
within your gates, O Jerusalem.
R. Let us go rejoicing to the house of the Lord.
Jerusalem, built as a city
with compact unity.
To it the tribes go up,
the tribes of the LORD.
R. Let us go rejoicing to the house of the Lord.
According to the decree for Israel,
to give thanks to the name of the LORD.
In it are set up judgment seats,
seats for the house of David.
R. Let us go rejoicing to the house of the Lord.
Gospel
LK 16:1-8

Jesus said to his disciples, “A rich man had a steward
who was reported to him for squandering his property.
He summoned him and said,
‘What is this I hear about you?
Prepare a full account of your stewardship,
because you can no longer be my steward.’
The steward said to himself, ‘What shall I do,
now that my master is taking the position of steward away from me?
I am not strong enough to dig and I am ashamed to beg.
I know what I shall do so that,
when I am removed from the stewardship,
they may welcome me into their homes.’
He called in his master’s debtors one by one.
To the first he said, ‘How much do you owe my master?’
He replied, ‘One hundred measures of olive oil.’
He said to him, ‘Here is your promissory note.
Sit down and quickly write one for fifty.’
Then to another he said, ‘And you, how much do you owe?’
He replied, ‘One hundred measures of wheat.’ 
He said to him, ‘Here is your promissory note;
write one for eighty.’
And the master commended that dishonest steward for acting prudently.
For the children of this world
are more prudent in dealing with their own generation
than the children of light.”

No comments:

Post a Comment