Sunday, February 10, 2013

Around the Corner

Around the Corner



As it is written in Isaiah the prophet:  “Behold, I am sending my messenger ahead of you; he will prepare your way. A voice of one crying out in the desert: ‘Prepare the way of the Lord,
make straight his paths.’” ~ Mark 1: 2-3


     With Lent just around the corner I wanted to remind you and even myself on the importance of this season of the Church. We need to take these weeks to set straight our path and walk with Jesus to Calvary so we may die on the Cross so that He may be resurrected within each of us. 

    Have you decided on your Lenten program for yourself? I have mine set. I have some personal goals and others I will share with you all. I have decided to do the Divine Office each day, pray the rosary, get to different programs at the churches, and going on a silent retreat. Find things that you feel you need to do for your own personal self. The great thing with the Divine Office is that a friend told me about the app for her phone and iPad, so it will be easier to do anywhere. It will load up everything I need and I will not need to try and figure out the book. Granted I know myself and at some point I will also want the book but until then the app will do. 

      With the blog each week I will be covering the stations of the cross and also music that will reflect the Lenten ideals. Also I will include Saints just as I have been doing. Also I hope that most of the blogs will reflect some readings during Lent as well. 

     I said in “ Count down to Lent” that this is my favorite season in the Church. That is because I take Lent head on and use this time to better my spiritual life. We are in this together and I hope to hear from you all about different things that you are doing during this Lent so we can support each other as Brothers and Sisters in Christ. Use these last few days to get things ready and in order for you to have a successful and spirit filled Lent. 

Until Tomorrow, God Bless, and may you ready your way for Lent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment