Monday, February 11, 2013

Pope Benedict XVI Resigns

Pope Benedict XVI Resigns

   Today Pope Benedict XVI surprised the world when he said that on February 28th he will resign the Seat of Peter. What does this mean to the billion of catholics? It means the Seat of Peter will be vacant until a new Pope has been voted upon. As Catholics we need to be praying that the Holy Spirit will guide the conclave of Cardinals and they will elect the right person to be Pope. 

     I heard the news this morning as I was getting to work and was shocked to hear it and I could not find out the details till after work. It was hard for me not to know what was going on and I thought months ago I probably would not even gave a second thought to it. Now, that was on my mind a few times during work. Some of the things that crossed my mind was : Why now? Why not wait till lent was over to resign or even after the Year of Faith? then turned to Who will be the next Pope? Where will he be from? How will he lead us? What will he do? Of course for now those questions will not be answered until the conclave elects the Pope. 

     I feel that we are in the time where the church as a whole is experiencing a new fire burning. It is in that earlier stage where that exhaling from the body of the church will ignite it and it will grow. We will need the right Shepard to lead that flock to that fire so the exhaling can happen. As Catholics we need to take some of those burning ambers to relight that fire within ourselves so our souls, heart and minds will burn for God, Jesus, Holy Spirit and the Church. With the right Pope this can happen. 

      I am asking that each and  everyone of us ask in prayer for the Guidance of the Holy Spirit to come to the conclave and not only lead them down the path to the right, God chosen, man that will lead our Mother Church in the days to come. 

Until tomorrow, God Bless, and in the days ahead my the Holy Spirit lead us and the Church to the path of Jesus, so we may come to the Gates of Heaven to see our God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment