Monday, March 4, 2013

Chipping Away

Chipping Away


    Have you ever just stopped whatever you were doing and sighed then looked around and just got a feeling of God or Jesus out of no where? They were not on your mind at that time but a feeling just comes over you and it is like you are transported to another place where it s calm and you start to search your soul? Well, it has happened a few times for me and just a while ago that feeling came over me.  

    I know for some I may sound a bit crazy or just slightly out there but please humor me and listen with an open mind and heart. I debated about sharing this because it is more on a deeper personal level but is it not that deeper personal level we are seeking with God and Jesus? So, how can I not. 

     As I said Lent is my time of working on myself daily and chipping away at myself so I may find Jesus with in me. I have more to chip away since being away. More sin to chip away. More doubts to chip. More anger to chip. More misunderstandings to chip. With each hit of the hammer and chisel I try to take more and more of myself away so that Jesus can shine through me. I was walking through my home and I just stopped and let out a sigh and a feeling of calm and warmth came over me. For a little while, problems and decisions seemed to be clearer in my head. Things seemed to settle in my heart, mind and soul. For the first time in a long time I felt I was on the right path to God. The doubts were gone and the path was straight. 

      It did not last long but knowing for just a few moments my life was in line with God and Jesus was calming and the fears of going the wrong way was gone. My greatest fear in my life is not of sin but of going that wrong way and not being on the right path. That I am not serving God and Jesus in the right way. Tonight it was getting that bit of confirmation, that seal of approval I have been worried about. 

     Is there some decisions or areas of your life that you pray are in line with God and Jesus? That you pray that you get some confirmation on? I pray that you get those confirmations. It was like a sigh of relief tonight for me. That God is working in me and I am chipping away to find Jesus in me. A lot is to be done still and it never becomes perfection till we are all in His presence in all His glory and grace. 

       I was not searching or praying for that confirmation tonight but that is part of how God and Jesus works. We may not get those answers or confirmations when we are seeking them but will get them when we are not expecting them. 

Until tomorrow, God Bless, and may we all feel that sigh of God’s Love and Jesus’ Grace. 

3 comments:

  1. Your blog reminded me of one of my favorite prayers. I think of it often when I wonder if I am following the path God's wants me to follow.

    "My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going.
    I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself; and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so.
    But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you; and I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire.
    And I know that if I do this, you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it.
    Therefore will I trust you always, though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death.
    I will not fear, for you are ever with me; and you will never leave me to face my perils alone."
    Thomas Merton, "Thoughts In Solitude"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this. I really like this and will use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pneumatic design of this Pneumatic Chipping Hammer makes it much easier to use.

    ReplyDelete