Sunday, March 31, 2013

New Day

New Day

“So whoever is in Christ is a new creation: the old things have passed away; behold, new things have come.”  ~ 2 Corinthians 5:17

 We gathered over the past few days to end Lent and begin the Easter Triduum. As Catholics we recognized the institution of the most Holy Eucharist given to us on Holy Thursday during our Lord’s Last Supper. The Eucharist becomes the central part of the mass and of the Catholic Faith. On Friday we gain strength from Jesus as we pick up our crosses and follow Him to Calvary. It is only when we die to ourselves that we are able to fully accept Jesus in our lives. Saturday we welcome new members of the Catholic Church through the sacred Sacraments. Then on Sunday we welcome the Risen Lord into our Church and Hearts. Through His resurrection we all gain new life. 

    For me this Lent has been a world wind and filled with graces and lessons. I do believe that I am not the same person I was just over forty days ago. New questions arose and new paths have been shown to me. I hope for you all that you also have changed in some way over these forty plus days. That Jesus has entered your heart, soul and mind in a new way. Take some time and look into yourself and write down those changes so you may see them. They do not have to be these great big changes, even the smallest changes help us move closer to Jesus. 

    Things will be settling down for myself since Lent is over. My “ Lenten Travels” as I will call it, are done and I will be returning to a “normal life” again. I now have to take all that I have learned and gained with the many talks, presentations, missions, retreat, conferences, prayer services and put them into action. Also I must understand that “Spiritual High” that I received from the silent retreat and kept for a few days and find that balance it gave me again. The up coming blogs will be reflecting on the lessons learned and the experiences from my Lenten Journey.  I ask for you to as well. Share with others what you have experienced. It is through our own faith experiences that 
we are able to share in the unity of the Trinity in our lives. 

     I will continue to pray for all our conversions of Heart, Mind and Soul and ask you to pray the same with me. This day starts our journey with the Resurrection of Jesus and continues in us as we now go out and share the word and testimony of our Risen Lord Jesus Christ. May the defeat over the cross bring new hope and life to you all these coming days and remember what you have gained. 

Until tomorrow, God Bless, and may we sing with the choir of angels that our Lord has Risen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment