Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Feast Of Gaurdian Angel

Feast Of Gaurdian Angel



     Today is the Feast/Memorial of Guardian Angels. I have included some information I came across as well as prayers to our Guardian Angels. I must admit that I forgot about my Guardian Angel. I took it more as a child and as I became an adult that Guardian Angel left my side or took more if a back seat role. I could not have been more wrong. Looking back I see where my guardian angel was there for me and i bet there are many many more that I didn't even realize. 

Until tomorrow, God Bless, and remember to pray and ask for your Guardian Angels protection.



Perhaps no aspect of Catholic piety is as comforting to parents as the belief that an angel protects their little ones from dangers real and imagined. Yet guardian angels are not only for children. Their role is to represent individuals before God, to watch over them always, to aid their prayer and to present their souls to God at death.
The concept of an angel assigned to guide and nurture each human being is a development of Catholic doctrine and piety based on Scripture but not directly drawn from it. Jesus' words in Matthew 18:10 best support the belief: "See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven always look upon the face of my heavenly Father."
Devotion to the angels began to develop with the birth of the monastic tradition. St. Benedict (July 11) gave it impetus and Bernard of Clairvaux (August 20), the great 12th-century reformer, was such an eloquent spokesman for the guardian angels that angelic devotion assumed its current form in his day.
A feast in honor of the guardian angels was first observed in the 16th century. In 1615, Pope Paul V added it to the Roman calendar.

Prayers:

Angel of God, my Guardian dear, to whom His love commits me here, ever this day (or night) be at my side, to light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen.




 O most Faithful companion, 
appointed by God to be my guide and protector, 
and who art ever at my side, 
what thanks can I offer thee for thy faithfulness and 
love, 
and for all the benefits 
which thou hast conferred upon me? 
Thou watchest over me in sleep; 
thou consolest me when I am sad; 
thou liftest me up when I fall; 
thou avertest the dangers that threaten me; 
thou preparest me for the future; 
thou withdrawest me from evil 
and excitest me to good; 
thou exhortest me to penance when I yield to temptation; 
and reconcilest me to my offended God. 
Long since should I have been cast into hell, 
unless by thy prayers thou hadst averted from me the anger 
of God. 
Leave me not, then, I entreat thee; 
but still comfort me in adversity, 
restrain me in prosperity, 
defend me in danger, 
assist me in temptations, 
lest at any time I fall a victim to them. 
Offer to God my prayers and groanings, 
and all my religious exercises, 
and obtain for me the great gift of final perseverance, 
and the grace to die in the friendship of my Creator, 
and so to enter into life everlasting.

Amen.

Dear Angel at my side, 
my good and loyal friend, 
you have been with me since the moment I was born. 
You are my own personal guardian, 
given me by God as my guide and protector, 
and you will stay with me till I die. 
He who created you and me 
gave me to you as your particular charge. 
You assisted in great joy at my baptism, 
when I became part of the Mystical Body of Christ, 
and was made a member of the household of God 
and an heir of heaven. 
You saw the dangers that beset my path, 
and, if I sinned, 
it was in spite of you. 
You envied me when Christ came to me in Holy Communion. 
Even though you probably were there 
among the angels that adored Him 
the night that He was born, 
you have not been able to receive Him as I can. 
O, help me to appreciate these gifts! 
Help me to realize, as you do, 
with every fiber of my being, 
that to serve Christ is to be a King! 
Help me steadfastly to avoid evil 
and do good and always guard my soul from sin. 
Protect me as well from physical evils 
as I go about my daily work. 
You will be with me all my life, 
and at the hour of my death. 
Help me to face death bravely, patiently, 
with great love of God, 
knowing that it is only through death 
that I can come to Him in heaven! 
Then, come with me to my Judge, 
and when the hour of my salvation comes, 
take me home to my Father, God.

Amen 



No comments:

Post a Comment