Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Leap of Faith

Leap of Faith

  How many times have you heard the expression “ Leap of Faith”? What does that mean when you hear it? Does it mean that the person does not have a sense of what to do and is just going out on that limb on an instinct or is it that person trusting in God and going where they feel He is leading them? It can be both and ... it can be neither one. 

    For myself I can say it has been a mix in my life. I have taken that leap with myself in control and other times when God was in control. It is easier and seems to work out a lot better when I ask God to take control as I step out and start to take that leap. It would be great to start that leap with Him then in mid air cry out for His help as I start to fall. 

    When you feel a pull in a direction but are not 100% sure if it is right, it may be the Holy Spirit pulling you in that direction and when that happens God is there with you taking that first step. The only way to tell is to pray and pray and pray. It is not easy by any means at times. There have been times that it was midway through the first prayer I get the “ Yep, this it it.. Lets move” and other times its months and months of prayers and still in the same spot. It is through prayer that those feelings of fear and uncertainty will diminish as peace and grace takes their place. 

    There will be times when we take that leap of faith and it will not pay off. It does not mean that leap should not have happened but maybe just maybe the lesson was to allow that trust in God be manifested in the action. That is how I am feeling now in my life. A major choice is before me and I do not know if it is to be or not but at least for now I know I have to trust in God and at the least venture out on that cliff and see if I am to take that leap or it was just to walk to the edge and see another view of a different life that lies before me.

   Either way if that leap is to a new life or that step out of your own will and allow God to guide us, it is a leap of that faith that lies within you. No on can take that faith from you that guides your life. Hold onto it an allow that faith to give you the courage to step out and take that leap.

Untill tomorrow, God Bless, and remember to pray before, during and after that leap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment