Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Come to the River - Rhett Walker Band

Come to the River - Rhett Walker Band


      As I sat down to write the blog tonight this song came on and it reminded me of how it was only when I came back to God, did that search and thirst disappear in my life. We are torn at times between ourselves and the truth that is within us. It is that internal struggle that fuels that thirst that we can not quench on our own. 

     When we drop and fall down we realize what we have been seeking and how God will fill our every need and we will thirst no more. He is always inviting us to sip from the cup of salvation. We just need to reach out and take it. Until we do, we will be restless. Our thirsts are quenched in different way and at times we will need to take more to satisfy that thirst of God. That pure refreshing cleansing water that came from Jesus as He was pierced by the lance of the soldier.  
     
but one soldier thrust his lance into his side, 
and immediately blood and water flowed out.” ~John 19:34

    Think of how God has quenched your thirst. In what way or ways did that thirst be fulfilled? Once your thirst is fulfilled, You desire that to be the way you live your life. Not saying that at times we may not try other ways but we will realize that nothing will ever quench that thirst from our souls then God, Himself. I know for myself that is the way. I tried many thing to take that yearning, that inward desire, but nothing filled it. That is what I mean by thirst. That inward desire that is not being met. One thing I am learning more at this point is that once that thirst is taken care of, God creates a different thirst in me to go further and to seek more to find that new and deeper relationship with God. 

Until tomorrow, God Bless, and think How God will quench your thirst today.


"Come To The River"

I'm torn between myself and your truth
These cursed memories, forever seeping through
My thirst for myself left me wanting more
Till I found myself face down on your shore

You say, come to the river
Oh, and lay yourself down and let your heart be found
You say come to the river
Drink from the cup I pour and thirst no more

My restless heart, led me astray
To my selfish pride I became my own slave
But you placed a thirst in me with no drink in sight
'Cause I could not see till I saw through your eyes



No comments:

Post a Comment