Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Forgiven by Sanctus Real


    

Forgiven by Sanctus Real


    There are times that we hear a song on the radio and it was just the right song to hear at the right time. Today that song was " Forgiven by Sanctus Reel". The song speaks of redemption from our past and that we shouldn't carry the burdens of our past with us. As usual the video and song lyrics are below. 

    When we do have a past that we are not pleased with, it can drag us down and with that when things are down in our life, that past seems to creep up on us and makes us feel worse then before.  It is easier for the past to play through our minds and each mistake play out again in our heads. I know for me that is the case. Those past transgressions come up when I a struggling with something else. I do, as well as all of us need to let them go and remember that we are not that same person as we were before. We all evolve in Christ and with the Holy Spirit. When they abide within us, They transform us. Those things that keep us from the full transformation are the things that hold us to our pasts. It weighs down our hearts and holds us in one place so we can not move forward. When we are not moving forward we don't keep that distance from our pasts. We are not able to make more memories that can counter act the past. 

   Beside confession the best way for us to forget the past is to make new memories with the person we are becoming. We can grow and change. We are not who we once were but can be who we are to be in Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior. He redeemed us so we are forgive. Whenever we ask for forgiveness with a pure heart and mind we are forgiven. 

    Each day is a new chance to grow closer to Jesus and allow the Holy Spirit to work in us and through us. God can and will use us. Our pasts are not greater then God. We just have to look at people in the Bible. Not everyone had a past that they were proud of. Even look at the disciples. They were not what some would call "ideal" but yet Jesus called each one of them. They did not search or run after Him. He called them to follow Him. 

     We all have things in our pasts that we are not proud of.  Use your past not as an  anchor that holds you down but as a point to see how far you have come. This is a reason why I fully believe in keeping a spiritual journal. We are then able to see how we were and where we are now. God cares more about where you are now then where you once were. If God didn't care then He wouldn't have sent His only Son down to save us and be forgiven. 


Until tomorrow, God Bless, and remember you are Forgiven. 


"Forgiven"

Well, the past is playing with my head
And failure knocks me down again
I’m reminded of the wrong
That I have said and done
And that devil just won't let me forget

In this life
I know what I’ve been
But here in your arms
I know what I am

I’m forgiven
I’m forgiven
And I don’t have to carry
The weight of who I’ve been
'Cause I’m forgiven

My mistakes are running through my mind
And I’ll relive my days in the middle of the night
When I struggle with my pain, wrestle with my pride.
Sometimes I feel alone and I cry.

And in this life
I know what I’ve been
But here in your arms
I know what I am

Well, I’m forgiven
I’m forgiven
And I don’t have to carry
The weight of who I’ve been
'Cause I’m forgiven

When I don't fit in and I don’t feel like I belong anywhere
When I don’t measure up to much in this life
Oh, I’m a treasure in the arms of Christ

'Cause I’m forgiven
Well, I’m forgiven
And I don’t have to carry
The weight of who I’ve been
'Cause I’m forgiven.


No comments:

Post a Comment