Monday, November 5, 2012

Gratitude

Gratitude


“He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” — Epictetus

 This is my first blog since Hurricane Sandy’s devastation on the east coast. I am very grateful that the only thing I lost was power, tv, phone and internet. Unfortunately a lot of others were not as blessed as I was. I am very grateful for all those around me and for what I have. Sometimes it takes such devastation around you to see what you have. 

    It is easy for our hearts to go out to the images we see on tv but it is another story when you see the images first hand and they are not images but part of your own life. It is easy to cry out to God and ask for an explanation for all that has happened. Also it is easy to be angry for all the things that happened to you or those around you. 

    It is the images of people helping each other that can show us Jesus at work. Those people who risk their lives for those who they do not know shows the unyielding love in the world. People offering what they have for those who have nothing to give in return but a Thank You. For every story of what people lost, you hear stories of what people have done to help others.  Those are the things that shed some light in a dark time in peoples lives. 

    I am grateful for many things in my life and these are he times that I really focus on those things. It is not just during tuff times that we need to focus on these things but during our everyday lives. At least some part of the day think of at least one thing you are grateful for. Even when you pray add that to it. Thank God for the things you have in your life. Sometimes it may be hard with all that is going on but try your best with it. 

     To everyone who have lost this past week my thoughts and prayers go out to them. There are just no words to express what each of us feel. It is a collective sadness that is shared through each one of us. 

Until tomorrow, God Bless, and ask yourself what you are grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment