Monday, October 29, 2012

Follow the Leader

Follow the Leader


 As kids we all played follow the leader. I know I had fun playing it. Well, I think that is because I was always the leader to be honest.  As adults we play it also. We may not realize we are but we do. We follow many things and many people at times.  We become followers of this world and not a follower of Jesus. I am not saying that we do not follow Him from time to time but let’s be honest in what or who we truly follow. We may not follow anything or anyone but ourselves as well. We allow our wants and desires to lead us in our lives. 

    I admit that I follow myself more then Jesus in areas of my life. Part is that I am a control freak. Being a control freak helps with not following others down paths that I do not want to go down but, it also puts up blocks for areas where Jesus is trying to lead me. I need to let go and let Jesus lead. Easier said then done but it is a reality of the life I want to be a part of. 

     What or Who do you follow? Is it a celebrity? Money? Power? Job? Drugs? Alcohol? Pleasure? All of those things can be what leads us in our lives. We will do anything or go anywhere it is. We do not question what it or they say and we follow whatever path it takes us to. Some of these things are good for us but it is when we take away the leadership from Jesus and hand it over to this world. It can be from the simple things like wearing something only because you saw a celebrity wear it to doing anything to get to the top of your business so you can have money and power. 

      When we let Jesus lead us less and less we become more focused on ourselves and of this physical world. This pulls us away and our relationship with Jesus suffers and then our faith will start to suffer as well. When we allow Jesus to be our leader we follow Him into a deeper faith and relationship. The deeper we go with Jesus the stronger the focus on our spiritual life comes in focus. We start to do less for ourselves and more for Jesus. Jesus will not lead you into anything that is not good for you. He may lead you down some paths that you would never have thought of for yourself. 

     Once you identify who or what you lead everyday then you will be able to start to change that. You may find that where Jesus leads you, you are right where you wanted to be anyway. He is not a tyrant, that will dictate to you where to go but when you follow Him you will follow what is in the depths of your soul. Following Jesus will give you a drive and purpose that will last longer then just this life but for the everlasting life. 


Until tomorrow, God Bless, and be a follower of Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment