Saturday, October 27, 2012

Knocking

Knocking

“Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, [then] I will enter his house and dine with him, and he with me.” ~Revelation 3:20



 Today was the full day retreat and one thing that was said a lot today was that Jesus will not do anything unless you open yourself and that He will wait for us. I have seen this picture so many times and some people do not realize that there is no door nob on Jesus side of the door. He can not open it. Only the home owner can. 

      There is some comfort in that, Jesus will not act on His own and go against our Free Will. I have spoken about free will a bit in the blogs. I saw this image today and it has stayed with me all day. Before we open the door we can see who it is. Think about a time when you just opened the door and someone you rather not see is standing there. It is not the case with Jesus. We know that He is there waiting and knocking. He wants to come and dwell with us in our physical body, in our home and in our life. 

        In revelation He says to sit and dine. When we dine with someone it is a intimate thing. It is a personal time that is shared and as we learned in Matthew that it is the breaking of the bread Jesus is revealed. Jesus broke the bread in fellowship and when He asks to sit down and dine, He is calling us to be in a fellowship with Him and let Him dwell with us. 

        I know that I have not allowed Jesus full reign in me. I have some areas blocked and He has not been given the yes to enter. He will wait until He is asked. Everyone has areas where we do not let Jesus work. We invite Him in and then we restrict Him to work only where we gave Him “clearance”. 

       I am going to say that please focus on this image and see where you let Jesus enter and where you do not. What ares do you have that door locked up tight and no one can open? We all have them. Try and open one door at a time and allow Jesus to work in you and through you. 

Until tomorrow,  God Bless, and allow Jesus to walk into your soul and help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment