Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Dreams

Dreams


  This evening I went to a talk on “ What are God’s Dreams for You?” It was a mix of talks, prayer, mediation, and sharing. I would say it was one of the best spiritual events I have been to. It shifted how I view God’s Will in my life and showed me a new way of entering the presence of God. 

    Instead of focusing on God’s Will, look at it as what are the dreams that God has for us. It takes that pressure off figuring out His plan for me and puts there the things that He wishes for me to have. The idea of God’s will in my life was always that of following His orders. One after the next until the next set of things I am to be doing. When it is the dreams He has for me and shares that with me it comes from a place of caring and love then order and power. Even though it is the same things, the way you look at it changes how it is received. It is “ I want this for you” vs “ I want you to do this”. My view of God in this has changed from powerful to caring. It is not to say that He isn’t powerful, because He is, but now He has a level of caring and concern that I normally just put that on Jesus. I am still hours later digesting this. It left an impact on my heart tonight. 

     Another great thing that was shared tonight was when we go into prayer or meditation to start with thanking God for the good things in our lives. By doing this we set the more positive start and not asking for things right off. Think if someone just always was asking for things from you and how that makes you feel. Then instead they thank you for what you have done and was wondering if you can help some more. It is something so simple to start with and I never would think of that. Yes, somewhere in all of the asking I will remember to thank Him. Also, when doing the meditation or praying, add silent time. Just try and let the world go away for a bit and focus on the silence. There comes a peace from doing this. My mind is constantly going and to have that slow down and silence was amazing. It took some time to get there but it did happen.

I am going to add this to the pile of “after more thought do another post”. It is just sinking in and I know this is something that will help me. That shift from will to dreams. I hope that you will get something from that as well. More to come on Dreams for sure. 

Until tomorrow, God Bless, and what are the dreams that God has for you?



No comments:

Post a Comment