Friday, October 26, 2012

Memories

Memories


  Tonight started a two day retreat. It is in the style of The Life in the Spirit that I first attended about 8 to 9 years ago. I walked away from that retreat with a deeper faith, a closer relationship to God, stronger prayer life and much more. I even gave talks and ran that retreat in the years that followed. Now, I am back after that time away and oddly enough back at the same church that I went to for the first LIS.

     It is somewhat different and the talks are good but I have to say that what I got tonight is the memories of a life that was. A life that lived for all the things I got from that retreat. There were some down times but mostly they were very blessed years for me. It has me desiring it all again. The format and talks are the same for this retreat and I know what each person puts into these talks. You open up your life and your faith journey, with the hopes that Jesus ,through you, is reaching people. In some way those memories are being relived again. 

     There is a reason for me to be there this weekend. We never know what we may gain or learn in and from a retreat. So far it is that sensation of being back where I belong. A life that has waited for me to rejoin it. It is a simple confirmation that I was just walking on the shoulder waiting to get back to the main road. 

      I know I will be writing more about this but for tonight there was not an over whelming tone that was to be written about for the blog. Just that simple notion of “ Remember the memories and embrace them because they are still part of who you are”. I needed to feel this and share it. I might have left the life but the life never left me. It was waiting for me. 

Until tomorrow, God Bless, and take time to smile at those faith memories. 

1 comment: