Thursday, January 24, 2013

Stars


Stars

“Do not conform yourselves to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing and perfect.” ~Romans 12:2


As a child I would love to sit outside every night and look up at the stars and just wonder what was out there in space. Then as I grew up I still liked looking up at the stars and would just think about life and what is going on all over the universe. Now as a Catholic Christian when I do this, I think of how God is out there, above us all watching us. Seeing all that we do and instead of fear of being watched, there is a comforting feeling that comes over me as I sit there just staring up. 

    There are times I like to remove myself from the world of “technology” and just be alone in my thoughts. I find that is when I am at my best for soul searching and I am able to hear my soul. As Calvin said above “ People would live a lot differently” if they looked at the stars each night. I agree with that. When we take that time to stop, relax and refocus we see what really is important. The noise of the day is shut off and we see that there is more then us in the world. I get wrapped up in the world around me and I need that time to recharge and focus. Just sitting in silence for me doesn’t always work.  I need that time away or different surroundings to get to that relax and focus mode. If I am home I think about the clothes that need to be washed, the cup that needs to washed, looking at the time and thinking what show is on...etc. But when I take that time to just sit and stare up at the sky, I am more focused. 

     We all need to take that time to focus on what is above and outside of ourselves. When we do this, all those things can fall into place for us. We will be able to see what is REALLY important verses what the world says is. It is soul searching when we do this. Our soul will speak when we are still and listen. I feel that is the speaker system for God and the Heavens. God speaks to our heart (microphone) and we hear it from our soul (speaker system). We need to have that connection between our heart and soul because they must both be in line and connected if we are to hear anything. Our soul (speakers) are not always on 10 and God’s voice speaks loud and clearly, sometimes its on 2 and we need that quite time to hear Him. You may ask “ Why don’t we always keep it at 10 then?”. Well, we are not in control of that. God controls the sound clarity and volume because we need to turn down the noise of the world to hear Him. We have to be active listeners.  Think if you have the TV on, Video on the Computer, and music on, you are not hearing them all the way you should. Each one is competing with each other in your head, you are not getting it all. You start to turn down or off the things you don’t want to listen to so you can hear what you want to. It is the same thing that we must do to be able to hear God. Turn down those things that block or are competing with the voice of God.

      It is easier to do that when we remove ourselves from our normal surroundings and focus on above. Since I am a night person I can get behind Calvin’s idea of the stars. For those morning people it may be watching the sun rise. Find what your refocus connection is. It can also be adoration of Jesus. Go to an adoration chapel and take that time. You will be better for this, no matter where you refocus. 

Until tomorrow, God Bless, and find your focus so you can hear your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment