Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What a year.....

What a year.......


“At present we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face. At present I know partially; then I shall know fully, as I am fully known.” ~ 1Corinthians 13:12



 When the New Year starts it is hard not to look back at the past year and take note of what went on. I can not say it was a bad year at all. How can I with the birth of my Godson. One event can change your thoughts and even bring some of them to the front of your mind. The start of the year had God and Church stirring in my mind, heart and soul. No matter how much I tried to push it out of them, it just kept coming back. There was no denying it.

       The last quarter of the year I was back in Church and back to God. I think that once your heart, soul and mind are one in a thought or a belief, that remains at the core of who you are. No matter how far removed you become, it is still deep within you. Once that is the case, you will return to those thoughts or beliefs again. You can not deny for long what is at your core. I never stopped believing but got angry and turned my back on the faith and God. 

      I have come to terms with what caused me to turn away and have asked for forgiveness for doing so. I still have a long way to go on this journey and I hope that I am going in the right direction. There has been some events that sure has made this “return trip” very interesting. Some I have shared on here and some I will in time as well. 

       It has been about four months that I started this blog.  With this blog there has been 111 post and the blog has been visited 2038 times. Writing the blog has brought me some soul searching that has increased my faith. It restored my faith to where it was by reminding me what I do believe in the depths of my heart, mind and soul. I hope that I have helped others as I have helped myself. I remember waking up that morning with the thought of “ I have to do a blog about coming back to the church” and thinking where did that come from. I am glad I started. You just never know what will come of it, until you try. 

         As the start of the New Year begins look into your core and see what your heart, mind and soul believe and hold onto it. Explore those beliefs and strengthen them this year. We never know what a year will bring and having our core strengthened we can ride it out, no matter what comes our way. I look forward to a strong 2013.

Until tomorrow, God Bless, and do some heart, mind and soul searching today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment