Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Merge

Merge

“For through the law I died to the law, that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ; yet I live, no longer I, but Christ lives in me; insofar as I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God who has loved me and given himself up for me.” ~Galatians 2:19-20

   The other evening on my way home I was driving and got off my exit. As I drove around the bend I saw that I was lucky to be getting off where I did because just right passed the exit there was traffic. The four lanes of traffic were merging into one lane. It got me to think about how we are to merge all the aspects and areas of our lives into one lane that follows the road that Jesus took each day of His life. 

     All areas of our lives should reflect Jesus in some way. We should be known as a follower of Christ and that of a person of faith. For many of us we may have areas of our lives that may not show Jesus or the faith as clear as other areas of our lives. It is not as easy for some as it is for others. Maybe some have been away from a life that included Jesus or the faith and it is harder to merge all those areas in our lives. Also maybe that some did not have that influence of Jesus or the faith as they grew up and came later to know Jesus or the faith. 

     As we know when we drive and try to merge into one lane, how hard it is at times. It is the same for merging our lives with Jesus and the Faith. As we merge there are different influences that hinder us. Think of the time when someone who would not let you into the lane and you have to wait. This is the same for those who are trying that merge with Jesus. Those around that person may not let them forget who they were and constantly remind them of their past. It can be someone who not only doesn’t live that life but those who are also merging as well. For some its easier to bring down then lift up. When people do this it makes us question if we may even belong on that road to begin with. It can cause us to slow down and feel that we are not ready or worthy to try. When those around do this we have to inch our way into the merge and show that we want this. We need to stand firm and make our way anyway. 

     We also need to remember that just like when driving we are told in advance that we need to merge. We are given notice that we need to start to merge. Same with our lives and Jesus merging. We are given the time to merge because it is not so easy. People are there trying to get in before you and get ahead of others so they may get there quicker. That merging can take time. We have to allow the Spirit to guide us and work in us. If we just merge immediately, we can cause an accident and in this case we can fall from Jesus and the Faith. That accident can keep us from merging fully and just keep us on the side. I am not saying that it always takes time but that for some it may need to be an easing in process. At the same time we can not wait till the last minuet to merge either. If we wait for the last moments in our lives to do this then we missed out on those moments that Jesus wanted us to have. Also like if you wait as you drive to do this, it is not really you making this merge but the fact that the cones on the road are making you merge. It was not your choice but outside influence. It may be that you are ill and know the time is coming and that illness is making you merge. It is still good that you are doing this but you miss those extra miles that you could have had with the faith and Jesus. You have to want to merge your life for it to be real. 

     I am trying to merge all the areas of my life but must admit that there are some areas that are harder then others. People are starting to see more and more how Jesus and the faith is becoming my focus but not everyone is clear with it. It is guiding my choice and decisions but I should be more vocal about it. There are areas of my life that need Jesus to be more present and reflective of the faith. I am trying. It is hard to let go sometimes because it is giving control to Jesus so He may work in me with the Spirit and guide me in this merge. 

   Jesus and the Faith should be seen within us at all times, in all circumstance, with all the people and no matter where we are. It is a time for us to stand for what we believe and as we merge our lives with that of Jesus and the Faith, it will become easier. We will gain in power and strength. 

Until tomorrow, God Bless, and start by putting on your blinker so others know you are ready to merge. 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete