Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Prayer of Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity

Prayer of Blessed Elizabeth 

of the Trinity

Tonight I was at a Men's prayer group and we read the Prayer of Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity.  I must admit this prayer conveys has been what I wanted since the retreat I went on. That peace that I got from being away from and within the “world”. It is easy to get lost in the world and let that focus start to get away from us. I know for myself, that is very true.  I allow myself to get all entangled in the stress and frustration of the day and let it guide my attitude. It is through the comfort of God that unchanging peace can be obtained. Another aspect of the prayer that stood out to me was “completely vigilant in my faith”. It is something that I believe in with my whole heart, mind and soul.We must be vigilant in the faith. The faith gives us the strength to seek that embraced peace of God. 

    I have included the prayer below and hope that you will find some solace as you read it and also when you pray it as well.

Until tomorrow, God Bless, and may you rest in the Father’s Peaceful Embrace. 

O my God, Trinity whom I adore, help me forget myself entirely so to establish myself in you, unmovable and peaceful as if my soul were already in eternity. May nothing be able to trouble my peace or make me leave you, O my unchanging God, but may each minute bring me more deeply into your mystery! Grant my soul peace. Make it your heaven, your beloved dwelling and the place of your rest. May I never abandon you there, but may I be there, whole and entire, completely vigilant in my faith, entirely adoring, and wholly given over to your creative action.

No comments:

Post a Comment