Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Anima Christi

 The Anima Christi 


  I came across the prayer of  The Anima Christi today. It is a great prayer to say after receiving the most Holy Eucharist. It is a medieval prayer from the early fourteenth century. I have included both the English form and the Latin form.  The  Anima Christi means “ Soul of Christ”. I hope that you will find  both versions of the prayer comforting.



Soul of Christ, sanctify me 
Body of Christ, save me 
Blood of Christ, inebriate me 
Water from Christ's side, wash me 
Passion of Christ, strengthen me 
O good Jesus, hear me 
Within Thy wounds hide me 
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee 
From the malicious enemy defend me 
In the hour of my death call me 
And bid me come unto Thee 
That I may praise Thee with Thy saints 
and with Thy angels 
Forever and ever 
Amen 

Anima Christi, sanctifica me.
Corpus Christi, salva me.
Sanguis Christi, inebria me.
Aqua lateris Christi, lava me.
Passio Christi, conforta me.
O bone Jesu, exaudi me.
Intra tua vulnera absconde me.
Ne permittas me separari a te.
Ab hoste maligno defende me.
In hora mortis meae voca me.
Et iube me venire ad te,
Ut cum Sanctis tuis laudem te.
In saecula saeculorum.
Amen

Until tomorrow, God Bless, and may the Soul of Christ sanctify you.

No comments:

Post a Comment