Sunday, September 16, 2012

Blessings

 Blessings


Today was my Godson’s Christening and it was a day full of joy and blessings. It was such a blessing to watch up close and personal as the holy water was poured onto his head and dripped off of him. Seeing my cousin hold her son as he became part of the Catholic Faith was more then I could have asked for. 

     To some people it is just some prayers and a dash of water and it is all set and done. There is no physical change that anyone can see but there is a change of the spiritual part of the child. This is a start for him and can be a start for everyone as well. 

      I have tonight tried to come up with all these different theories and tie everything up with this great big bow, but I just can’t. The reason why is very simple, it’s not about that for me today. It was just about being there for my Godson as he became part of the church. It was because of him that started this debate in my heart and mind about coming back to church. I may have come back down the road at some point, I can’t say for sure or not. The only thing I do know is, that I am back. 

       I was thinking yesterday that tonight blog will be all filled with these great meanings of becoming part of the church, being saved, sin, Holy Water, etc..... and I am sorry that I don’t have that tonight, but what I do have is that Blessing of being someones Godparent in this life and watch him grow both physically, mentally and spiritually.  

 Until tomorrow, God Bless, and remember the blessings you have, and take the time to enjoy them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment