Monday, September 10, 2012

Caution

Caution


    I was thinking about the bypass route today and even with that there is still work to be done. It isn’t as intense as to take that blockage away but still work.  The bypass is under construction and in reality so am I. I think that is something I need to hang somewhere in my home or carry it with me to remind me. 

    I tend to be hard on myself. My expectations are always high and I am very rarely ever satisfied by what I do. Even with this blog, I am very critical and after posting I read it over and over thinking how it should have been better, maybe I wasn’t as clear about this or that, and will people understand what I wrote. 

    If I keep that message “ Under Construction” with me, it will remind me that at this moment in time I am the best I can be and yes in a year, a month, a day, even an hour from now I can be better then I am now but that right now I am what I am supposed to be. I may not be better even in the next min but I have to be honest with myself and see that I will trip and stumble but it is in the getting back up, the regaining my balance is where the grace of Jesus will be to help me. 

    There are some days that I may get a lot of work done and the next not as much for whatever reason and thats ok. This took me 5 years to get to this point and it will not be done over night.  Lets face it, road construction never ends when they say it will end. Don’t set time limits for yourself. 

     I also think just as we see signs saying road construction will start on ..... , we may want to share that we are also going under construction. Let the people close to you know that you want this, they maybe able to help you through this. They may know ways to strengthen your foundation. I am not saying tell the world but just those who can understand and relate to what you are trying to do. 

      One thing also to understand that sometimes during construction there are problems that may come up that may set us back or need to fix before we can move on. That is just something that comes with it. Don’t let it be a reason to give up or say this isn’t worth it. If you deal with these issues as they come up, then you will not have to worry that they are under that foundation and will crack and shift your bypass and your back to that blockage. This is again something I have to remember. I am good for throwing my hands in the air and saying “ Ok, too much I am done.” Then walk off and leave all that I have worked on to crumble. 

       I don’t mean to be a downer by saying there is always going to be work with this life but lets face it. We are always under some kind of construction. There is never going to be a time that we are not asked to expand our road, fix some pot holes, resurface the road, etc.... But with all this work, we get so much more. We get God and Jesus’ grace and in the end, I hope to hear “ Well done my son. The road you built got you to Me” from God. 

  Until tomorrow God Bless, remember to put your hard hat on and start building.

No comments:

Post a Comment