Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Strength of Jesus

The Strength of Jesus


    I saw this cartoon a while ago and it just seemed to fit my relationship with Jesus. Footprints in the sand was always a special poem to me. It speaks of how Jesus never left but carried you when you couldn’t walk any longer. The image of that always seem to comfort me when I was struggling with faith. 

    Now when I saw this I couldn’t help but laugh and say to myself this is definitely true. It doesn’t mean that Jesus drags you without your permission but remember He knows how it will all end up and also He is not about to give up on you. I was also thinking there  should be a few more additions to it for me. There is where I sat down when you had your temper tantrum and kick the sand all over. Here is where I stood when you were looking up to the Heavens yelling. Over there by the rocks is where I sat so you could cry without being seen. Then, here is where I stood with my hand on your shoulder as you fell to your knees to pray and ask if you could come back. 

     Jesus’s strength to be there at every moment both good and bad is unyielding. He doesn’t leave you when you yell or ask Him to leave. Jesus pulled me along these past five years to where I was able to just get up again and start to walk again. I did many things to hurt Him and kept pushing Him away and for Him to just leave me alone. Yet, He took it all and was just there waiting and pulling me along.  Jesus just didn’t do it for me but He does this everyday for everyone. It is not even the physical strength but His heart is so strong that He can take it all and still try to heal us and not worry about the hurt we have caused Him to feel.

      I really wish that I could see this path that I have taken through His eyes. What was He thinking and feeling when things were going on with me? How was He able to keep by my side when I just hammered Him back onto the cross? 

      Part of me would just like to sit down and talk to Him about these past five years and where did I start to go wrong and what happened along the way but I know that what is best is to walk with Him and move on. There will be a day that it will happen and thats something I need to face. I need to understand those five years of being dragged along. 

       He never gave up on me and I know He hasn’t given up on others as well. Sometimes it is hard to understand how Jesus can be so forgiving and welcoming and lose sight of Him with God. 

   Until tomorrow God Bless, and I hope you are able to see the journey you have taken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment