Thursday, September 20, 2012

Jesus

Jesus


     Who is Jesus to you? There are so many names and title given to Jesus through out the bible. Alpha and Omega, Christ, Emmanuel, Healer, Lamb of God, Lord, etc... There are over 200 titles and names for Jesus but, how do you see him? At times He may be different names and titles to us. If we are going through a hard time He is the counsellor and comforter. If we are asking for forgiveness He is our redeemer. No matter what you call Jesus, He is there during all those times. You just need to call out to Him. 

     Jesus can be all things to us and He wants to be all those things because He wants to be with us. For the most part Jesus was always a mystery to me. I was always able to accept the idea of Jesus as God’s Son and His whole spiritual aspect but, what I found so mysterious was Jesus as Human. It was that side of Jesus that I have aways found the most intriguing. That is my draw to Jesus. This is the part of Him that I cling to and identify the most with. 

      Have you even been asked “ If you could witness Jesus’s life, what part would you want to see”? Many will reply with some of His miracles like, changing water into wine, feeding the masses with just a few loaves and fish, dying on the cross, etc.... My answer has always been, “ I want to see Jesus interact with His mother, How Jesus was when He wasn’t preaching but in His down time. To me, to be there as Jesus is just sitting somewhere and I walk up to just sit and talk and He greets me as a friend would, is the best event I would want to see.  Don’t get me wrong, if I had to only choose one of His miracles , I wouldn’t pass it up. 

      Jesus has always been a source of comfort. It wasn’t because of any of His titles or because He is part of the most blessed trinity but because He was here. Jesus walked this earth as part of us. He lived and died for us. He faced and felt all that we do. Jesus wept for His friend, Jesus laughed with His disciples, Jesus cared for His mother Mary, Jesus lived a life here on earth. That is what always gets my attention. Jesus had a life here and He knows what it is like.  He gave up that life so we could live. 

       My relationship with Jesus is like a good friend or brother. We argue, well I argue He just listens and shakes His head. We don’t always see eye to eye on things. Even when I didn’t want to speak to Him, He was waiting for me to reach out. The second I did He was there. I wish I could explain how my relationship with Jesus is in a better way and a way that doesn’t appear that I am not being sacrilegious. I don’t mean to diminish Jesus miracles at all. That is not my intent at all. It is just for me that area is great but I want those small moments with Jesus. 

        There was a movie scene where Jesus is with His mother, Mary and she is helping Him wash His hands and He just kind of splashes some water at Mary. That scene to me is one I will never forget. It was Him being here in the moment with His mother, He wasn’t God (yes He was in reality) but He was a son at that moment. Then there was another scene in a different movie where Jesus was walking with His disciples and He was just joking around with them. Again He wasn’t acting as God (even though He is) but was just acting like we all act with out friends. Those are those moments where I feel Jesus best. It is like in that blog earlier with Jesus saying “ See there is where I dragged you”. It s that human aspect of Him that makes Him real to me. 

     This is why I can turn to Him now. All those titles and names  of Jesus fall under  the umbrella of friend / brother. Just as a friend would council me and comfort me, so will Jesus. He will not turn from me. Jesus will be there to guide me, pick me up, help me, shelter me and so much more. 

       I was thinking this was going to be a long blog but as I started to type away I realized that this first part of Jesus for me is this human aspect where I found a connection with Jesus and from that I have found Him to be so many other things to me as well. I want to explore all these different names and titles about Jesus in other blogs along this journey and I hope that you will explore what Jesus is to you with me. It is important to have a relationship with Jesus because He understands what it is like to be human. He knows all those pains and sorrow we have and also those joys and blessings as well. 


Until tomorrow, God Bless, and try and find that connection to Jesus and see who He is to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment