Saturday, September 15, 2012

Connecting

Connecting


Tonight I was at a party where someone couldn’t be there because they were in the hospital but Thanks to technology he was able to make an appearance via skype.  This got me to think how we are able to be so connected in this world. There are so many ways people can reach each other, phone, cell, and email. Even in the deepest part of the jungle you can be reached by a satellite phone. There is also another way we are all connected and that is through God and prayer. 

    We can connect with God in prayer and with each other as we pray. There is no weak signal when it comes to prayer. We get the strongest connection when we are praying for each other to God. We are never roaming or are in fear of a dropped call when we go through some areas. No matter where we are or what we are going through, prayer is always there to connect us to God. 

   God is always reachable when we use prayer. There is never a time when He will se it is you and forward you to voicemail. He wants to hear from us. He wants to hear from us. I find that when I pray its more of me just talking to Him. Prayer for me is more of a conversation then a formal prayer. There is nothing wrong with formal prayer at all.  It is just that I tend to go through the motions when it comes to formal prayer at times. This way when I just talk to God or Jesus I am being more open. I will open with a formal prayer like the Our Father before I start talking and end with a formal prayer, well most of the time. I normally do end with ok... talk to you later. I don’t know if some may say that isn’t proper or is sacrilegious but that is just how I feel. 

    When I do say Talk to you later to God, I mean it. I say the same to my friends and family. I will talk to Him or Jesus later on. It is becoming again such a part of my day. I don’t have a set time when I say “Ok. It is time to pray”. It is more like when you think of something you want to tell your friend and send them a text. You don’t wait till a certain time to send them the text. So, why do that with God? Why not talk to Him during the day? Don’t wait till morning or night prayers. Please don’t think I am saying don’t do morning or night prayers. That is great if you do but also try adding that other random time to talk to God and Jesus. I also need to add that morning prayer in my day.  I am not a morning person and I think I try and spare God my wrath before caffeine has been in my veins. 

      Even when people are praying for you, there is that connection between them, God and yourself. That connection is special. It brings your connection here on earth to a spiritual level as well. It is a relationship that transcends this world into the next. It is great when that happens. 

       When good and bad things are going on, make that prayer connection with God and Jesus. It makes for an easier time when you talk to Them. I know for me it has. I don’t want that “fair weather friend”. I want that friend that stands there for everything. God and Jesus is that. They will be there all the time. We just have to reach out and ask (pray). 

        We are always connected to God and Jesus when we pray. There is never a time of day or night that They are not there to listen. Same for the people in our lives that we pray for and who pray for us. We are connected to each other in prayer. Those prayers keep us together even when we are not physically connected. We are always connected in the spiritual world when we pray for each other. 

        We can never pray to much or pray the wrong way. God just wants to hear from us. 


Until tomorrow, God Bless, and remember the prayer connection is always open to God and each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment