Monday, September 24, 2012

Running on Empty

Running on Empty


Today on my way into work I looked down and realized my gas was on empty and the fuel light was lit. Now normally I wouldn’t even think twice but I was not sure when it went on and if I can get to the next station. It all worked out fine and I wasn’t even late for work so that was another plus.

   It got me thinking that we need to pay attention to our God gauge and make sure we do not get so low that we are running on empty with Him. God will always be there to help us coast along till we are at the next station to fill up again. We will never be stranded on the side of the road waiting for someone to come help us because God will not leave our side. 

   Even if we are running on fumes and do not think we are going to make it somehow with God we will. I can not say that over these five years God was not there. I was coasting by in life and passed by many full service stations to keep using the self serve ones. Self serve never filled me up. I would pay and get nothing coming out and as long as I got to the next stop I seemed fine. God and Jesus is that full service station that will fill us up all the time. We just have to take the time to stop and wait and allow them to do as They need to. Sometime you need that full service where they wash your Sins away so you can see clearly with and open heart. It will take more time at the full service then the self serve but you will have a safer and easy road to follow after it. 

   We also can help with filling us up with God. It can be where you are reading the bible, attending mass, praying, rosary, discussing God with others, etc... There are so many ways that God can use to fill us up and also make sure that we do not end up on empty.  I think of it as this way, You would not head out on a long trip and not check your oil, tires, gas, etc.. so why would we do this when it comes to living our lives. Why would we not try and keep ourselves filled with God to get through all the ruff and smooth patches of road in our lives? 

   You will need to find what fills your God and Jesus tank to get through your travels in this world. When you do find what does keep it going. Don’t wait till you are empty to use what fills you. 

Until tomorrow, God Bless, and find your ways to fill your spiritual tank. 

No comments:

Post a Comment