Friday, September 7, 2012

Witness to Faith

Witness to Faith


 Tonight I went to a play about St. Maximilian Colby at a local church. I was debating all week about going and I have to admit at first when I got home from work all I wanted to do was sit on the sofa and crash. After some great debating in my head I got ready to leave. I didn’t know what to expect from it. I admit that while I have heard of St. Maximilian Colby, I didn’t know to much about him. 

    St. Maximilian Colby was a priest that laid his life down, so another man could live and founded the Immaculata Movement devoted to Our Lady. He had such passion and devotion to Mary that he created a magazine entitled “ The Knight of the Immaculata”. I was so impressed and inspired by tonights play. 

    When I heard him say that he wanted to create a magazine to bring Mary and the church into the homes so people can be reached by God, I was hooked into what he was all about. He wanted to spread the word and love of God, Jesus and Mary. This is also the reason why I started the blog. I hope to be able to reach people and share my faith journey.  I think I was supposed to hear that tonight. That this idea of reaching people that you will never meet or ever know who is reading what you write is a blessing. I am not saying its a blessing to them, but a blessing to me that I am able to do this. I am getting so much out of doing this blog. 

     Don’t get me wrong, I hope and pray that all of this will glorify God in some way and that people start to share their gifts and faith with others as well. St. Maximilian was an ordinary man that just wanted to share his faith with the people who would listen. He stepped out of the box and put himself out there. When he did this people were touched and listened. 

     This is what we are called to do. Faith is to be shared. We are called to be witnesses to our faith. It comes in different ways to each of us as to how we witness to our faith. Think of how you are a witness to your faith? What ways are you being asked to be a witness? 

      Being a witness will not always be an easy road to walk at times. You are testifying to what you know is the truth. It can end up being a trial for you as you bear witness to your faith. Some people may turn from, some may condemn you, some will try and trip you up, and some will sit down and want to listen. 

       I am trying to bear witness to what I have always known is the truth. This is a start for me with the blog but trying it when I am not in front of my keyboard and screen is where I have to bump up my game. Some people who only know me for the past five years didn’t know this was a major part of my life. Now people are finding out. It is out there that I am trying to get back to God, my Faith and to the church. When some people start to comment about it, I take a deep breath and wait for the criticism but so far it has been very positive. 

      You never know who’s life you can touch by sharing your faith. I think it is good that we will not know every person you may touch because this just makes you keep going. I want to share what I know and I want to hear what other people want to share. St. Colby did this. We can also. It doesn’t have to be as grand as a magazine but just a simple God Bless, a kind word to someone who is hurting, or saying you will pray for them. Those simple ways plant seeds in people and you never know when it can take root and grow. 

     Until tomorrow God Bless, and find a way to witness to your Faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment