Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Just Words

Just Words?


      Tonights blog was hard to come up with. I tried to come up with the words to write and nothing was flowing. Every time I started to type out words I would be distracted or my mind would wander and I would be at a lost for words. Anyone who knows me would find it hard to imagine me not able to find words to write or speak. That is why it is a lot later then I would have liked to have done todays blog. It was getting to the point that I figured , “ Ok, maybe there just will not be a post tonight.” I really didn’t like that but I couldn’t just write something that I wasn’t feeling was right either. 

       Then I decided to try and open the bible and maybe something would spark an idea. I stared down at the page I open to and just kept turning back and forth in the bible, and searching for a word to pop out at me. Again nothing was coming but then, I realized that to a lot of people the Bible is just words. Nothing more, Nothing less. It is no different then other books in Barnes and Noble, but to others it is life. That in these words people find salvation, their faith, their beliefs, their peace and comfort. The bible offers so much to so many people and yet so few ever really read it. 

      I read the bible from cover to cover when I was starting to come back to God the first time in my early 20’s and I have to honestly say that while it peaked my interest, it didn’t do much for giving me faith or made me believe any stronger. It wasn’t until I was ready and opened my heart and started to feel some kind of faith in my life, that the bible became more real for me. A real instrument that helped me along to get to know God and Jesus. They were just words on a page at first but now they are the living word of God and Jesus. I find answers to questions and prayers in the Bible. Some people from the start may find the bible as their main instrument to understanding God and others. like myself, find it after they have formed a connection. 

      People can read the same passage in the bible and get different things from it and even read the same passage later on and get something different from it then. It is rather amazing when you think about how many different people God used to write the different books in the bible. Each person was touched by the hand of God to write the history, the stories, the faith of His people. They were not always the elite of the community or what some would say were the holiest of holiest. God used them as they were to get his message to His people.  Each of the Gospel writers were used to speak to a different audience. Some were speaking to the Jews, others to the gentiles. 

       It is like how I was saying yesterday that God will meet you where you are, He did the same when He picked the people to write His words down. These people spoke to a group of people where they were in their stations in life. He didn’t just speak to one group of people, He wanted all to hear and come to know Him. 

       I think I needed to be reminded that these are not just words that I am using to express what I am feeling but they are my personal faith in what God and Jesus has done in my life. We are all asked to share the faith and our faith. We are not to just keep it for ourselves. Imagine if the writers of the Gospels decided to keep what they saw, heard and felt to themselves. 

        When we speak or write about God, faith, Jesus, beliefs, etc... we are not just using words, we are using our hearts and souls. We are putting what our soul sees and heart feels.  It is in that opening we are able to show others God and all that is from Him. You never know when someone may hear your words or read your words that a spark  may start in their hearts. 

Until tomorrow, well due to lateness, Until later today God Bless, and look for those words that speak to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment