Sunday, September 23, 2012

Thirst

Thirst


Have you even been so thirsty that nothing seems to quench it? You try and try and there is nothing helping but all you want it that ahhhh moment. That is what it feels like being back. I feel that I have finally been quenched. I have tried many different things to fill that need but nothing has worked until now.

     Sometimes we get caught up in the day and we don’t stop and take the time to quench what we need. It is not just the spiritual side of our lives but the family, friends and desires that needs to be quenched. If we continue on and not feel that we are quenched then we are slowing building that desert in our lives. It will cause a dry spell in our lives and if we are not aware of it then we become lost in that desert wandering around trying to find our way out. 

    It is very easy to get lost in the desert. When we are lost we look to find anything that may help us. Sometimes all we find are these mirages. They look like what we need but as we get closer or spend the time there we realize, if we are lucky, that this is not what we need. That this is fake and not really what we needed the whole time. These mirages come in all different forms to each one of us. I would even say that sometimes these mirages are temptations that are put there for us to remove or walk away from. It is not of God those temptations. It does not matter what the mirage is, it is just that it is keeping us in the desert longer then we need to be.

   Yes, I did say, “longer then we need to be”. I do think that at times we need to be in a desert so we really do see what it is that we need. That we take for granted those things we have and do not realize what we have till it is not there. Jesus went into the desert and was tempted. We do not know of what fully happened to Him there but think what He was preparing for after this. Sometimes we are in that desert to prepare ourselves for what is to come next. Maybe we needed that time so we come out strong in the end. That we are not ready for that next level of Faith that is being forged in the fires of God’s grace. 

    I am now seeing this desert idea as twofold. It can be something that makes us stronger after and prepares us for what is to be vs a place where we can be lost and not be able to find our way out. It would make sense for me to have entered that desert five years ago after the death of my mother but I do not think I was to walk around for five years either. This is something that I need to explore more. I am not sure on this for me. 

    There will be times in our lives that will not make sense to us and that we are lost in the desert. Then there will be times like now for me that we walk out of the desert and the only thing that quenches us is Jesus, God, Mary, Church, etc..  It may be all of that, that quenches us or just Jesus. It is going to be different for each of us. It may be that you dive into that pool of religion that fulfills you or just taking up the Bible and reading God’s and Jesus’ words that does it for you. Only you can tell when you are fulfilled. 

   This idea of the desert will be revisited soon because I have a lot of questions and theories on this that I need to reflect and pray on. It does amaze me how I thought one way at the start of this blog and now I am finding I need more time on some areas. 

Until tomorrow, God Bless, and fill your glass before you leave today so you will not thirst. 

No comments:

Post a Comment