Friday, September 21, 2012

Mary

Our Lady


    Our Lady has been on my mind today. I guess it was because I was thinking of Jesus’s human life that brought Mary to the forefront of my mind today.  Mary has played a big role in my life. I have always had a connection to Her. Especially to Our Lady of Guadeloupe because Her feast day is my birthday. There are other apparitions of Mary as well, Lourdes, Fatima, Knock, to name just a few. 

   Just as I said with Jesus, I want to see those times that Mary was going about Her day. Yes, I would like to see when She was told of what is to come and that She will give birth to Jesus. That would be amazing to see but for me it is those simple moments of Her life where She was just a mother to her son, not the Mother of God. I don’t mean any disrespect in that statement. It is just to me that She was chosen because God knew Her heart and soul. That here stands a women of Honor, Blessing, Love, Caring, Grace, Strength and Faith. To see her take the hand of my savior as He is learning to walk would be a blessing. Mary was mother to our Lord. She raised Him to be who God intended Him to be. She knew what pain was to come but She said yes to God and never questioned it. 

   I have always seen Mary as a women that is filled with faith but also equally filled with strength. Mary was always that pillar of strength to me. It has to be also because that is how I saw my own mother, that pillar of strength. I just didn’t see Mary as a this women who sat in the corner, quiet, reserved at all. She was always a force to me.  One of my favorite parts in the bible is the wedding at Cana. John writes : 

On the third day there was a wedding in Cana in Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. Jesus and his disciples were also invited to the wedding. When the wine ran short, the mother of Jesus said to him, "They have no wine."(And) Jesus said to her, "Woman, how does your concern affect me? My hour has not yet come."His mother said to the servers, "Do whatever he tells you."

    I have always wanted to know what went on between the “My hour has not yet come” and Mary saying “Do whatever he tells you”. Why does Jesus change His mind. I have a guess at that. Think of when your own mother told you or asked you to do something and you said no? Now, I bet there was a look she would give you that would change your mind real quick. I think the same  happened here as well. Jesus says “no” and Mary gives the look of “ Oh really” and the next thing we read is that the wine is flowing and is the best wine they had. 

     It is in those moments that I am always drawn into. Mary not only offers her own life to be mother of Jesus, she also offers Her own Sons life as well. The writing was on the wall of what was to come but She still said yes and said “ May it be done to me according to your word” Luke 1:38 She went into this with Her own free will offering all she was, is and would be.  I hope to be able to do the same where God is concerned in my life. I not only want to offer my life to use but do so without negotiating with Him. That is easier said then done but Mary is the perfect example of that life of offer. 

      I could not imagine what Mary felt as Her son was taken, tortured, condemned, nailed to the cross, then dies. She had to be dying herself inside. This was Her son that was dying. If I ever get the chance to see Mary face to face I have always wanted to say to Her that “ I am sorry your son had to die for me and my sins”. I have said this in prayer to Her but it is just something I feel should be said to Her face to face. 

      On a lighter note, I have always seen Mary as a mediator between Jesus and myself.  As I said in my blog yesterday, that I see Jesus like a friend / brother and in this we don’t see eye to eye at times. So, with that being the case I have always felt the need to talk to Mary about it. I must admit it tends to be on the side of can you talk to Him and get Him to see my point and kind of get Him in trouble with His mother. Yes, it is a childish way to see it but again it does work for me. Mary of course will side with Jesus because He is right but it is still worth a shot. Where I will argue with Jesus, I will not with Mary. I tend to do more of the “Yes, I understand” with Her. 

     Mary is a force in my life and with coming back I have started to draw and ask for Her strength also to help me. She is mother to us all and wants to show us the way to Her son. If you are scared to talk to Jesus directly ask Mary for help in that. She will be there with you as you talk to Jesus. Mary has never let me down and I know She wouldn’t to anyone who asks for Her intercessions. 

Until tomorrow, God Bless, and see what Mary’s Life offers to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment