Saturday, September 8, 2012

Worship

Worship


    I have always thought of Worship as what we do when we are with others but I am starting to see that there is also a personal worship. What you do when you are alone and you are approaching God or Jesus that is, personal worship. I was looking in the bible for worship and I came across this.

But the hour is coming, and is now here, when true worshipers will worship the Father in Spirit and truth; and indeed the Father seeks such people to worship him. God is Spirit, and those who worship him must worship in Spirit and truth.” ~ John 4: 23-24

 When we are worshiping God we are just being asked to do this in spirit and truth. He is not saying you have to do it a certain way but be true in it. I am trying to find the best ways I can worship Him in my life. Before I get into the ways I am trying, I think I have to share what I think the purpose of personal worship is to me.

     I think when we are looking to worship God, Jesus and the heavens we are seeking to be closer to God and Jesus. That we are opening our hearts so that God and Jesus can enter and help change our hearts. To make our hearts open to hear the messages we are to hear, the life that we are to be living and strengthen the relationships in our lives. We want to show God that we are ready to listen to Him. 

      During personal worship we also are seeking to grow in our faith and grow in understanding of the catholic (christian) life. I know for me that I need that personal time to work on my faith. It just can not be on Sunday at mass and I am good for the week. The daily worship is what I have been working on. My faith will not grow if I just practiced it for an hour but also I just can’t only have that personal worship either. 

       I am an Aural Learner. I learn best by listening to others talk about faith and have a dialog about faith as well. It is in that give and take I find God speaking to me. That is also why music has always played an important part of my faith. I identify with songs and apply them to what I am thinking and feeling. The exchange of thought and faith with others makes me look deep inside myself  and find those answers to the questions that come up when discussing with others. 

       My personal worship time includes listening to christian music, reading the bible, praying, writing the blog and what I feel is the most important, just listening. Trying not to think about the hundred of things I need to do but just to try and hear the message of God. I wish I could say that I get these great messages every day but that is not the case. I don’t think I should be either. I have to learn again to trust in God and Jesus. If I was given something all the time then I will expect it and I think that was part of my issue before. I expected things, instead of being thankful for what I was given. 

    Take the time and find your personal worship style. Try to find what makes it true for you. Don’t do things that don’t feel right to you. Jesus said “ worship in Spirit and Truth”.  When you worship in truth, you will start with an open heart and your faith will start to grow. I am still trying to find my personal worship style. 

  Until tomorrow God Bless, seek to worship Him and in worship you will grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment